Monday, February 2, 2015

My Visit to the MoMA

-This "piece of art" was in the MoMA and it was around a bunch of other pictures that I assume were made by the same person because they all looked like a 4th grader's doodles while he's pretending to take notes in class.
-The piece drew attention to me because  it clearly brings up how this person should have taken Ms.Lee's art class in 10th grade and learn how to draw a straight line. Also why color in the stick figure it looks like this guy was telling a joke in class about a black dude and he needed visuals to explain the joke. The piece reminds me of when I was younger and i didn't know how to draw or even understood the concept of art.
-I know nothing about this artist but I can assume he is 6 years old and is suffering from Parkinson's (no offense to anyone that has Parkinson's, I'm positive you could make something better).

6 comments:

  1. I agree completely. I do not find this piece of art very impressive either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece of drawing looks like a sketch, why was this artwork placed there for? Was it to feel pity or to make the audience think about the start in processes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this drawing. Stick figures are so iconic in today's drawing and I think that it is important that they are given some fame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting how different pieces can be considered art. I agree that it seems like anyone could make something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this makes me think about what is considered art and what is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I usually try and defend simple art like this, but this piece is weird. I would like to see more of this artist's work. I think that the size of the stick figure is interesting, and kind of something new, but it is definitely hard to tell how much effort was put into this piece.

    ReplyDelete